Thursday, May 16, 2013

CREDIT CARDS? Yes, credit cards. And dehydrator plug, shameless, one each.

Fair warning, this is a braggathon :D

Husband and I decided that since we dehydrate most of our produce, and we can't necessarily rely on the weather to accommodate the solar dehydrator (build your own or you can buy this one), it would make sense to buy an additional electric one. Here is the dehydrator I already have and since it fits the trays I have from my previous one, which lasted me about 20 years, I'm sticking with it. (Read this as an endorsement, and I'm not even getting paid for it ;) )




It's just under $50, and considering that just with how many banana chips are consumed here at Pinch Manor I can make up that cost by making our own in under a year it's completely worth it. Not to mention the lack of additives I put on mine, different soapbox, though.

Now what does that have to do with credit cards you might wonder...

I got it for free. FREE, FREE, FREE to me, anyway. (I LIKE free, it's right up there with easy)

Because the cc I use for our gasoline, groceries, clothing, and incidentals gives me points. And I just used some of those points to buy the dehydrator. 

If you are going to use a credit card, use one that gives you points. And commit to not carrying a balance. That's the other trick we are (mostly) diligent about. I don't use this card to buy things we can't afford, I use it to buy those things I was already going to have to buy and I pay it off when I pay the monthly bills. No balance means no interest, so those points I just used cost me nothing but a bit of effort setting up the card with Amazon.

Happy Pinching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment